Travel Academy U9 & U10
Players who played Fall 2019 Travel Academy will be sent an invoice for Spring/Summer - no need to complete a new registration. Registration is open for 'new' players for Spring/Summer 2020 season
Spring/Summer 2020 tentative season schedule (subject to change):
|Monday April 13th||Practices begin||n/a|
|Sunday April 19th||Local games / in club games||n/a|
|Saturday April 25||Bemidji one day tournament||Games Sat only; hotel Friday possible|
|Weekend May 2/3||No soccer this weekend||n/a|
|Weekend May 9/10||Travel event - t.b.d. - (Minneapolis MN)||Games Sat & Sun; hotel Fri & Sat|
|Sunday May 17||Dakota League (Watertown)||Games Sun only; no hotel|
|Weekend May 23/24||No soccer (Memorial Day Weekend)||n/a|
|Weekend May 30/31||Dakota League (Fargo)||n/a|
|Weekend June 6/7||No soccer this weekend||n/a|
|Weekend June 13/14||FCNW Jamboree (Winnipeg)||Games Sat & Sun; hotel Sat only|
|Weekend June 20/21||Tri City Tournament (Fargo ND)||n/a|
|Weekend June 27/28||No soccer this weekend||n/a|
|Mon 29th > Fri 3rd||No practices this week||n/a|
|Weekend July 4/5||No soccer (Independence Day)||n/a|
|Fri July 10 & Sat July 11||Detroit Lakes Tournament||n/a|
|Sat July 11||End of Summer season||n/a|
For the 2019-20 season, players born in 2010 & 2011 are eligible for our Travel Academy program.
*Players born 2012 can register for Travel Academy, but need to be aware they may be playing games two years 'up' (U8 player playing U10 teams)
Players born 2012 and younger are eligible for both our Academy Program and our Rec program
Spring/Players born in 2009 or before have the option to tryout for our Competitive Program
Travel Academy Introduction
Our Travel Academy program is specifically designed for fun yet competitive soccer development for players in the U9 & U10 age brackets. In the Academy, we focus on technical development in a positive and supportive environment. The ‘Travel’ aspect allows players to enjoy the competitive edge that comes from testing their skills against players from other clubs, without committing to the full travel schedule which is appropriate for older players.
Our Travel Academy program requires a high level of commitment from players and their families, including practices twice a week, and travel for games.
Our Travel Academy program is very similar in structure to our Competitive Program for age groups U11 & above. A few of the key differences are:
- Lower fees
- Practices twice per week
- No tryouts/ cuts
- However, the program is most appropriate for athletic children with soccer experience
- We encourage children with limited soccer experience to try Recreational (Rec) soccer first
- Although we do not have tryouts for Travel Academy, we are committed to providing appropriate playing experiences for our players. RRVU reserves the right to refund fees within first few weeks of a season if a players soccer development is significantly below the level of the player pool
Over the course of a full soccer year, our Travel Academy teams play games in a variety of opportunities, including:
- Travel tournaments
- Local tournaments
- North Dakota Soccer League
- NW Border League
- North Dakota State Championships
- South Dakota Premier League
- 'Friendly' / 'Scrimmage' / 'Jamboree' games with other local clubs
- ‘In-Club’ games
Travel Academy players practice twice per week, 60-minute sessions.
Spring/Summer 2020 boys & girls will practice at West Fargo Scheels Complex.
Boys will practice Tuesdays & Thursdays 5.45 - 6.45pm.
Girls practice schedule is shown below
Spring/Summer 2020 Girls Travel Academy Practice Schedule
|week#||Session #1||Time #1||Session #2||Time #2|
|1||Monday April 13||6.45 - 7.45p||Thursday April 16||4.45 - 5.45p|
|2||Monday April 20||6.45 - 7.45p||Thursday April 23||4.45 - 5.45p|
|3||Monday April 27||6.45 - 7.45p||Thursday April 30||4.45 - 5.45p|
|4||Monday May 4||6.45 - 7.45p||Thursday May 7||4.45 - 5.45p|
|5||Monday May 11||6.45 - 7.45p||Thursday May 14||4.45 - 5.45p|
|6||Monday May 18||6.45 - 7.45p||Thursday May 21||4.45 - 5.45p|
|7||Wednesday May 27||6.45 - 7.45p||Thursday May 28||4.45 - 5.45p|
|8||Tuesday June 2||6.45 - 7.45p||Thursday June 4||6.45 - 7.45p|
|9||Tuesday June 9||6.45 - 7.45p||Thursday June 11||6.45 - 7.45p|
|10||Tuesday June 16||6.45 - 7.45p||Thursday June 18||6.45 - 7.45p|
|11||Tuesday June 23||6.45 - 7.45p||Thursday June 25||6.45 - 7.45p|
|13||Tuesday July 7||6.45 - 7.45p||Thursday July 9||6.45 - 7.45p|
All players should be given equal playing time from the start of the game to the finish unless there are disciplinary issues to justify a reduction of playing time.
Teams/ Player pools will be determined once registrations are completed and registration numbers & player development levels are assessed.
In some age groups there may be a defined ‘team’ for the season, for other age groups there will be a ‘player pool’, typically with sufficient players to form two teams at tournaments / events. Where possible we will group players by development, to allow players to play competitive games at an appropriate level (upper/ lower brackets).
- 2020 Spring/Summer season = $395
- Plus electronic payment processing fee
- $30 player card registration fee for players who did not play Fall 2019 season
- Uniform fee for new players is $136 (+tax) to Scheels
- Can be paid via non-refundable deposit & 3 further monthly installments
- No hidden fees
- No fundraising requirement
- Season fee covers all games, Dakota League events, and NSC travel tournament
- Winter: see Winter & Winter Plus page
Please see our Coaches page for details of Coaches for our Travel Academy program.
See our Uniforms page.
To register, New players will need:
- Credit Card for payment
- Electronic image/ copy of Birth Certificate
- Photo (electronic image, school photo style)
Travel Academy Philosophy
- Player enjoyment and development are our top priorities
- We will focus on personal development in addition to soccer development. This involves development of character, sportsmanship, leadership and more.
- Player development is more important than team results
- We will not evaluate ourselves on wins or losses. We will evaluate ourselves on player and team development. To do this, we must realize the importance that failure plays in the equation of player and team development. Our goal is to create environments focused on long term growth versus immediate results.
- We will aim to find competitive environments appropriate for players & teams, for example:
- Entering teams in ‘high’/‘lower’ brackets (as appropriate)
- Using NDSA and in-club games for developmental benefit
- Placing more emphasis on competitiveness at tournaments
- Seeking higher/less competitive tournaments (as appropriate)
- We will strive to challenge, motivate, and provide very competitive environments for our most driven players.
- We will strive to challenge, motivate, and provide competitive training environments for our most driven players
- We will provide players with instruction on how to improve & develop outside of practices. Development is in proportion to effort and touches on a ball – players need to practice outside of/in addition to club practices
- RRV United encourages all of its coaches to teach possession based soccer. To do this effectively, coaches teach their players to be comfortable on the ball technically while also introducing age appropriate tactical sessions
Scheels Soccer Complex:
1010 13th Ave W,
West Fargo, ND 58078
PO Box 38,
West Fargo, ND 58078